Sunday 12 May 2013

MY MOM




As a Mom I always think about all the ways I'm failing. Things that my children are going to come back to me with one day and tell me how I ruined their lives. Hopefully I'm not all that bad. And even though I make mistakes as a parent everyday, I hope that as a Mother, I make more good decisions than bad. But what I do want to acknowledge is that in my life I have a very good role model. And that's my Mother.

She would be the first to say she isn't perfect. She has her ups and downs like every one else. But one thing stands true. She is my Mother thru thick and thin. I have made her proud, disappointed her, told her I hated her ( that was in my teen years ) and held on to her when I felt my life was falling apart. She rubbed my stomach when I was sick, held my hand when I had my first baby, and made sure I succeeded in life no matter what I had to face. She has never turned her back on me, or left me alone and I know that no matter what happens, I always have a soft place to fall. My Mom is one of my best friends and I call her on the phone every day. She gives me advice ( although after all these years, I still don't listen ) and she tells me to go to church.

I have friends that are facing their first Mother's Day without their Mom's to share it with. And I am giving them a lot of thought today. It makes me appreciate my Mom all the more. We never know how much time we have left together, so it is so important to appreciate the people in our lives as much as we can.

So here's to you Mom. I love you. Thank you for always being there for me, listening to my problems, worrying about me and making me feel loved. Thanks for being proud of me and helping mold me in to the person I am today.

As a Mother myself I know what it feels like to hold my children, want only the very best for them and the need to keep them safe no matter how old they are. And I also know how hard it is to let them go when the time comes, and how at moments you just want them to be little again.

Being a Mom. The best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment