Wednesday 6 November 2013

LET THE LIGHT SHINE THROUGH

My life has been somewhat crazy the last little while. I have been adjusting to a new schedule that has me feeling somewhat exhausted a lot of the time. Being a working Mom is not easy, especially when the family has gotten used to me running the household and the yard all on my own this past 2 years. That said, things are slowly adjusting and we are getting in to a new routine that is starting to work for all of us. I'm hoping that my ability to be able to find quiet time for my writing will find its way back up my priority list. After finding my writing voice again, it has brought me so much pleasure, and my hopes are that I can continue on writing and finding the joy and fulfillment that it has brought me so far.

Something that has been keeping me grounded through my Stay at Home Mom to working Mom transition is the beauty that surrounds me when I come home at the end of the day. The way the light shines through the trees and the immense beauty of the leaves as they have reached the end of their amazing fall display induces a feeling of peace and also inspiration in my life.

 
 
 You see, sometimes in life things can get hard. There can be a shadow or a dark cloud that passes over your day that blocks the light from coming through. Storms can descend on life and it feels as if everything is being blown in different directions as the chaos ensues. But there is always the calm after the storm. The moment when the sky opens up and the light shines through bringing with it the peace and tranquility that we all need. This is what my little piece of heaven does for me. When I take a breath at the end of the day, and stand in the yard and allow all its beauty and wonder to seep in to my soul for a moment., I feel that light shine through me. And it makes me feel whole once again.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment