Monday 5 August 2013

HALIFAX AND BACK

So it has been a few days since I have written. I needed to go to Halifax, NS for a last minute appointment and forgot my trusty lap top. While there we had a lovely visit with wonderful friends, and then came home to a yard full of chores that have been put on the back burner due to the rainy season we have had. The weather is lovely now, and suddenly there are a thousand beans to pick, weeds to pull, lawns to mow and gardens to spruce up.

Anyhow, enough whining about all the things I had to do this weekend. As always, I enjoy the outdoors and we did fit in some time to relax in the gazebo and maybe have a sip or two of wine.

Now, I always enjoy my trips to Halifax. Its about a 3.5 hour drive from my home and there are lots of wonderful places to stop along the way. There is Shelburne, Lunenburg, Liverpool, Chester, Bridgewater and Mahone Bay to name a few. All quaint, beautiful locations that one could spend a whole day exploring. This time however it was straight to the city. After getting the appointment out of the way, we enjoyed a leisurely lunch and then made our way to the Public Gardens in the city. It is truly a beautiful park, with fountains, flowers, old trees, some geese, ponds and many benches to rest a while. The Public Gardens attracts people from all over the world, and it was nice to see everyone enjoying the amazing weather. There were those on their lunch break, those on tour groups, joggers, couples and Mom's with their little ones feeding the ducks. It truly is a place to find a little bit of peace in a hectic world.








The thing I love about Halifax is it's energy and feel. It is a friendly city, full of tree lined streets that shade us from the afternoon sun. It is a place that has held on to its past, and there are rows on rows of century homes in a myriad of colors.

I always have so much fun when I visit this city, and this time was no exception. If you ever have the chance to visit this special city, make sure you take a couple of days to explore. It has so much to offer, you won't be disappointed. Except maybe when its minus ten with a wind chill of minus 25, and snow. But even then, I have been know to have a grand old time.

No comments:

Post a Comment